• Removes and holds contaminants by chemical conversion
• Non-flammable and non-toxic
• Accurate service life testing
• Does not support bacterial and fungal growth
• Patent-pending high capacity formulation
• Commercial Buildings
• Data Centers
• Food and Beverage
• Pulp & Paper
• Schools and Universities
• Waste Management
• Waste Water Treatment
SAAFOxidant™ gas removal chemical media is designed to efficiently remove 99.5% of specific gaseous contaminants from the airstream. Target contaminants include sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, nitric oxide, formaldehyde, and lower molecular weight aldehydes and organic acids.
SAAFOxidant™ engineered media is composed of a combination of activated alumina and other binders. Potassium permanganate, an oxidizing agent, is applied to the media uniformly during pellet formation and is distributed throughout the pellet volume to promote optimal performance.
The SAAFOxidant™ chemisorptive process removes contaminant gases by adsorption, absorption and chemical reaction. The gas is trapped and oxidized within the pellet, changing into harmless solids while eliminating desorption. SAAFOxidant’s engineering allows this to be an instantaneous, irreversible, and safe chemical reaction.
SAAFOxidant™ media undergoes the following quality control tests:
• Apparent Density
• Crush Strength
• Moisture Content
• Pellet Diameter
• Potassium Permanganate Content
• Apparent density: 0.8 g/cc ± 10%
• Crush strength: 25 N minimum
• KMnO4 Content: 8 wt % minimum
• Nominal diameter: 4 mm
• Shape: Sphere
SAAFOxidant™ media is packaged in one-cubic-foot containers, and 1,100 lb. (499 kg) super sacks. SAAFOxidant™ media is also available packaged in SAAF cartridges, cassettes, and trays.
SAAFOxidant media performs under the following application guidelines (actual capacities and efficiencies may vary):
• Temperature: -4° to 125°F (-20° to 51°C)
• Humidity: 10% – 95% RH
• Suitable for use in commercial and industrial systems with equipment face velocities from 50 to 500 FPM (0.25 – 2.5 m/s)