MEGAcel® I ePTFE
• Lower energy consumption – greater than 40% lower resistance as compared to 292 mm depth high capacity HEPA filters
• AAF ePTFE Filtration Technology media combines ultra-high efficiency with lowest pressure drop
• Highly resistant to corrosive environments (acids, alkalis, and organic substances)
• Negligible offgassing propoerties (boron, sodium, potassium, silicon)
• High tensile strength media, more resistant to rough handling in transportation and installation
• Withstands pressure up to 5,000 Pa
• Food Processing
ePTFE Filtration Technology Media Developed by AAF Engineers
Groundbreaking ePTFE media was engineered by AAF’s research and design teams. Media production, testing, and packaging are all performed in AAF’s (ISO 7) ultra-modern controlled environment, eliminating the potential for contamination of the filter during manufacturing.
Energy Conservation = Energy Savings
The ePTFE pleat pack resistance is a minimum of 40% lower than conventional micro fiberglass media, a significant factor that contributes to a great reduction in fan energy consumption. AAF ePTFE media, combined with tapered aluminum separators, optimizes pleat pack resistance. With a reduction in fan energy consumption, overall energy savings can be realized.
Perfect Filter Media
Compared with micro fiberglass media, ePTFE media provides superior benefits, including inert chemical properties, more uniform fiber distribution, smaller fiber diameters, and smaller pore size. As a result, reduced resistance and higher filtration performance provide substantial energy savings.
Chemical Advantages of ePTFE Filtration Technology Media
ePTFE media has a smaller pore size and fiber diameter than micro fiberglass. These characteristics significantly reduce the levels of offgassing impurities typical to micro fiberglass (which include boron, sodium, potassium, and silicon) to almost zero.
High Corrosion Resistance
ePTFE media has proven to be resistant in highly corrosive environments, including alkaline, acid, and organic substances that are common in a variety of manufacturing processes.
Superior Water Resistance
Based on AAF’s test lab results, ePTFE media provides
superior water resistance in comparison with micro fiberglass and low boron microglass media.
Resistance vs. Velocity
Note: MEGAcel I filters are to be tested in-situ by
Discrete Particle Counter (DPC) method only.